Wednesday 1 November 2017

Sunday Times Best-selling Author

So did you hear the news? I'm sure you must have done by now! I've been shouting long and loud on all my social media accounts and so many of you have been in touch to say congratulations that I can't imagine there's anyone left to tell, but just in case...

Yesterday, October 31st, was no ordinary Tuesday. Not only did I get to meet Nigella Lawson, who I have to tell you, is every bit as gorgeous in real life as she is on the TV, but I also received the most thrilling telephone call of my career so far.


There I am, drinking tea with my good friend Auntie B in the Norwich Virgin Lounge, when my phone starts pinging and vibrating and about a dozen messages and emails land all at once, most telling me to call Emma, my editor and the rest warning that under no circumstances am I allowed to look on social media.

I had planned to wait until I reached the calm sanctuary of home to make the call, but in truth only made it as far as the park and ride car park where I discovered, while sitting in my far from glamorous ancient Fiat Panda that I could now call myself a Sunday Times Best-selling Author!

Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells had flown from the number 13 spot (which I was already thrilled with), to the heady heights of number 5!


As you can imagine, much squealing and gasping ensued and the drive home was heady, to say the least. Further phone calls when I crossed the threshold confirmed that it was really happening and my lovely agent, Amanda, was as every bit as excited as I was.

So there, you have it - a dream come true on what turned out to be a far from ordinary Tuesday! I'm not sure where I'll go from here. Milly Johnson has suggested setting my sights on the number 1 spot and I have to say, I'm finally beginning to realise that you should never say never! What I do still say however, is that if you fabulous folk weren't going out and buying this book which I love so much, I wouldn't be anywhere near half as happy as I am right now, so thank you all. Thank you all very, very much!

H x

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it’s a brilliant read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much lovely. I'm absolutely delighted you enjoyed it! It was a dream to write. H x

      Delete