Sunday 3 September 2017

Jessica Bell - beautiful Donaghadee

Today I am delighted to welcome book blogger, Jessica Bell, to the blog to tell us all about why one place in particular is very close to her heart and how it has become her go-to reading spot.


There is a place that holds a special place in my heart and gives me so much inspiration and that is my lovely hometown of Donaghadee, Northern Ireland.


Donaghadee is well known for its harbour and has quite the history, the lifeboat station was founded in 1910, and is one of the most important on the Irish coast. RNLB Sir Samuel Kelly (ON 885) is a famous lifeboat once based in Donaghadee and now on show and preserved at the harbour for her gallant efforts over 50 years ago. On 31 January 1953 the lifeboat rescued 32 survivors in the Irish Sea from the stricken Larne–Stranraer car ferry, MV Princess Victoria.


It was on that very harbour that I gained my love of reading.

From I was a young teenage girl I spent summer after summer going through book after book whilst enjoying the stunning views. I must of got through a book a day.

Reading is now a big part of my life and I have a huge passion for it, you will always find me curled up with a book and a cup of coffee and I believe this is down to the amount of time I spent down at the harbour reading.


Even now I have kids I still manage to visit the harbour every day taking the kids walking and they love it as much as me, or at night escaping for a few minutes peace with my kindle. It is so pretty all lit up at night.


Reading here makes me happy and it has made me appreciate the different little villages and locations that I love to read about.

It is just a beautiful, peaceful spot with the iconic views of the lighthouse and lifeboat, that you could spend so much time at.  There is always someone out taking a photograph.


Join Jessica on her blog


No comments:

Post a Comment