Sunday 24 May 2015

Author Outings and a thoroughly bonkers few days!

Everything started sedately enough...

It isn't often that I get to attend a literary occasion close to home, but last weekend thanks to the Norfolk and Norwich Festival and 'A Literary Festival in a Weekend', two came along at once! The beautiful cathedral played host to both and offered a stunning backdrop to the equally fascinating, but very different events.

The first, on Saturday, was an hour in the company of performance poet and novelist, Tim Clare discussing the inspiration behind his debut novel, The Honours.


Not only did he provide the audience with a fascinating and sometimes amusing insight into macabre 1930's 'monsters', but also handed round chocolates which, let's face it, is never going to disappoint!


The second, on Sunday evening, featured Rose Tremain and Neel Mukherjee talking about writer relationships, research and to a lesser extent the delicate art of writing the family.

Both fascinating, informative events but certainly no preparation for the madness that was to follow!

Image result for rose tremain and neel mukherjeeImage result for rose tremain and neel mukherjee

It all went a bit bonkers...

As you know, my #MondayBlogs post last week featured a wonderfully inspirational post from the very lovely Rebecca Pugh. The post proved so popular that blog views soared so thank you for that Rebecca!

On Tuesday all things Cherry Tree were causing a stir on Twitter thanks to the #paperbackcampaign which was set in motion by fabulous blogger Rea ( http://reabookreview.blogspot.co.uk/ ) and her desire to see a paperback copy of The Cherry Tree Cafe.My Twitter feed was rammed with campaign tweets for a couple of days, with some bloggers even changing their profile pic to the Cherry Tree cover, but things seem to have calmed down now and I've managed to catch my breath!

Thursday offered more excitement as word quickly spread that the novel is now featured on NetGalley and reviewers are being invited to request advance digital copies AND, as if that wasn't enough, the thoroughly fabulous and hugely supportive Mandy Baggot described the novel as

'A heart-warming sweet treat of a read'

Seriously folks, last week my cup was running well and truly over! I'm off to London this week for an exciting meeting to discuss lots of lovely things that will be happening in the run up to publication day and I promise to share the details with you as soon as I can!

Wishing you all a great week!

H x



2 comments:

  1. It's a lovely book and I wish you all the luck in the world with it, Heidi! Look forward to catching up at the RNA conference!

    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mandy. I can't tell you what a thrill it is to know you enjoyed it! I'm having a mild panic about the conference as I have only just sent my form in and booked my train tickets and spaces are limited. Hope I haven't left it too late... H x

      Delete