Sunday 31 May 2015

All things Cherry Tree!

I know that more often than not I start these blog posts in the same way but seriously, wow, what a week! I'd been looking forward to this half term for literally weeks. The chance to rest and recuperate and get on top of things is always welcome but that was not what this week was all about. This week was about cranking things up a notch on The Cherry Tree Cafe pre-publication front and that was exactly what happened.

On Tuesday I had a meeting in Norwich with Kay Spalding at the stunning little crafting cafe Arts Desire to check everything was in order for the launch party. The invitations have been sent out and practically everyone invited can come so now is the time to start planning the cake and fizz!

Wednesday was a monumental day indeed as the Cherry Tree made a Top 10 List! Top 10 Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag was the creation of top blogger Fabulous Book Fiend and the Cherry Tree made the grade. Such a proud moment!

http://fabulousbookfiend.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-plan-to.html?m=1

Thursday involved a trip down to Simon and Schuster Towers in London to meet with my fabulous editor Clare Hey and the equally fabulous marketing team to talk about all things Cherry Tree.






A truly amazing array of things are planned for the run-up to publication in July and we had a great time creating some Cherry Tree themed bunting and pinwheels.

Friday was supposed to be a Calming Down Day but of course we all know they never really happen , don't we?

My RNA conference pack was awaiting my attention and it took literally ages to pick which sessions I wanted to attend. What I really needed was the Time-Turner as worn by Hermione Granger so I could take part in EVERYTHING on offer!

And of course, last of all there was the news that The Cherry Tree Cafe is now available to pre-order for the bargain price of £2.99! Much Tweeting has helped spread the word and the #paperbackcampaign is still in full swing.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cherry-Tree-Cafe-Heidi-Swain-ebook/dp/B00RM4V02E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430324049&sr=8-1&keywords=cherry+tree+cafe
iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/the-cherry-tree-cafe/id955075784?mt=11
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/the-cherry-tree-cafe

This was certainly one of the most exciting weeks I've had in a long time and coupled with the wonderful comments received from those who have already had a sneaky peaky at the novel, one that really kept me smiling.

I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to going back to work next week for a rest!

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment